[VM][UNIX] Why only a socketPollFunction and a soundPollFunction?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 20 18:55:05 UTC 2000

Ned Konz wrote:

> Plus, the declarations of the two functions are different, which makes
> calling them generically difficult (what parameters would we pass?).
That's why I plumped for keeping two simple separate cases for the first
release of the pluginization stuff. I you can think of a good way to
cope with different poll functions needing different arguments so that a
proper chain of them can be maintained, go for it! I really didn't want
special cases, but didn't have time to do anything better.
You might be able to come up with a factoring that removes the need for
the socket poll to have any arguments, for example. Maybe it is possible
to get to the values currently being passed as arguments via some other
route? Globals?

tim