Squeak on a TINI?

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Fri Jul 14 08:58:24 UTC 2000

Hi all!

--- Eric Arseneau <eat at huv.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> PS:  I like Squeak folks, I just have to promote our little baby as much as
> I can.  I think that what Squeak offers is really cool, but so is what PST
> has to offer in terms of utlimate SIMPLICITY.

I do not think that anybody on the Squeak list dislike your "plugs" for PST!

<rant>
Personally I think it is great to see that the PST/Dolphin/Squeak (and other "free" Smalltalks)
communities stick together and learn from each other. And CampSmalltalk together with the growing
OpenSource mentality/community just makes it even more interesting to be a Smalltalker these days!

In fact - this is perhaps one of the strongest arguments for Smalltalk compared to the more closed
and streamlined/standardized Java world. IMHO that is. :-) In Smalltalk we have diversity and
choice and that is a good thing. Just look at the Linux world. There was a lot of talk about
fragmentation and how that would be "bad". Now we have... well about 130 distributions of Linux.
Fragmented? Hell, yes! (well, not the kernel) Problem? Nope. Diversity is the basis for evolution.
And OpenSource is a lot like evolution.
</rant>

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
icq#:6136722, GSM: +46 709 472152, http://www.bluefish.se
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win." -- Gandhi