Best portable Squeak?

David Boeren dboeren at gw.total-web.net
Mon Jul 10 05:29:17 UTC 2000

I'm brand new to Squeak, just finished going through some basic tutorials,
and very excited about it!

My question is:  What is the best way to carry Squeak with you?

For the most part, I'm expecting this to be equivalent to "What is the best
PDA platform and OS for Squeak?", but it's possible that no PDA "gives good
Squeak" and a laptop is the best choice.

The reason I ask is that I have a Palm IIIx and my biggest wish now is to
have something I can carry with me and develop on so I can write my own
software and generally have fun programming on the road.  I plan to
purchase a new PDA this fall, and I'm looking around for candidates.  Right
now, I kind of feel like the Clio looks very appetizing, although I would
like to wait for the next model to come out.  Of course the Sony
PictureBook is nice too, but WAY too expensive!

How about it, all you road-Squeakers?  What's your solution?