[SF][VM][UNIX] SourceForge upload of VM 2.8a

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Mon Jul 10 01:58:25 UTC 2000

Dear Squeakers!

I have uploaded my variant of Tim's variant of Ian's port of Unix2.8a to
SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/), but haven't been able to download
it.

BTW: For me SourceForge and CVS are new, but not revision control at
all.

Changes:
- [BUG][FIX][UNIX] X Shared Memory in 32 bpp
	(shm32bpp.diff) by Bert Freudenberg;
- port generates a small binary with many external modules.

Uploading has worked, but I didn't succeed with downloading the project.
The server seems to be much too busy, probably they are too
successful...

To get the sources, you have to set some environment vars; type in shell
(bash for me):

sr at Klaus:~/Squeak > export CVS_RSH=ssh
sr at Klaus:~/Squeak > export
CVSROOT=rudlof at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak

The latter (replace 'rudlof' by your SourceForge name here) is wrong in
the docs: a server cvs.squeak.sourceforge.net doesn't exist.

For checking out the sources:

sr at Klaus:~/Squeak > cvs checkout Unix_2.8
rudlof at cvs.sourceforge.net's password:
cvs server: Updating Unix_2.8
U Unix_2.8/InterpFixes28-TPR.cs
U Unix_2.8/Makefile
Killed by signal 2.
cvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal

I have terminated it since I have only a dial up connection...
I'll try it later again.

Browsing the sources by the web interface seems to work a little better.

Possibly we have to install our own CVS server without such a neat web
interface, if this situation doesn't change.

Greetings,

Stephan
--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)