[GOODIE] Squeak as Web Browser Plugin

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jul 29 05:06:09 UTC 2000

on 7/28/00 8:06 PM, Michael Rueger at m.rueger at acm.org wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> here you can find the current state of the web browser plugin art:
>
> http://ifsl.mb.uni-magdeburg.de/~michael/plugin/plugin.htm
>
> The sad thing though is that currently only the windows version is fully
> functional.
> The linux version of the plugin works, but the browser primitives in the
> linux VM fail. If some kind soul would like to have a look at this? :-)
>
> The Mac version should follow pretty soon, there is actually a fully
> functional plugin, but it is slightly incompatible to the ones above
> (e.g. different mime type).

Hi, I should point out that I've the sqMacNSPlugin.c part of Squeak in small
pieces all over my desktop right now and I am adding full screen support for
macintosh browsers, ie the ability to have squeak go to full screen from a
browser window. This doesn't seem to conflict with what you are doing.
Hopefully next week I'll be able to roll out a version for everyone to try.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6