AF_UNIX sockets?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jul 29 19:26:01 UTC 2000

Is there no support in Socket for AF_UNIX (Unix domain, a/k/a FIFO) sockets?
It seems that there is an assumption that sockets are always AF_INET.
I see constructors for UDP and TCP sockets, but none for Unix domain ones.

I realize that existing stream protocols should work with these, but it
would be nice to have a unified interface (perhaps if host is nil, port
could be the name of the socket?).

What brings this up is that I'm looking at the MySQL stuff in Comanche,
and felt that the Unix domain socket connection might be faster than the
existing TCP socket connection.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA