Squeak on a TINI?

Eric Arseneau eat at huv.com
Fri Jul 14 04:06:16 UTC 2000

> Has anyone explored porting Squeak to a TINI board?
>
>    http://www.ibutton.com/TINI/
>

> It sounds like it's possible to program the critter in C, even though
> Java is resident:
>
>      http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=48560
>
> There is some interest in using Squeak in an embedded systems class
> here that uses the TINI board.

Getting Pocket Smalltalk no that thing would be REALLY easy.  Part of the
class could be with working on the VM, since it is so small and simple.  As
is the class library.  The amount of resources it would need are PUNY.

Just a thought,

PS:  I like Squeak folks, I just have to promote our little baby as much as
I can.  I think that what Squeak offers is really cool, but so is what PST
has to offer in terms of utlimate SIMPLICITY.