[ENH]Event driven stuff for 2.8/Linux

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 20 02:57:07 UTC 2000

I have a version of a good start on event driven UI stuff for you all to
play with.

Currently it is for Unix (well, developed on x86 linux) but should be
easy to port to other machines. The VM changes are quite small and
restricted to sqXWindow.c and interp.c so simple 'diff' ing should
reveal what was done.
The image changes are a little more complex, since I had to make sure
that the image would continue to run on a non-event VM, as well as
making sure a non-event image would be ok on an event VM.

It seems to work. You won't notice all that much difference with the
current image, since all the work to support old style polling code (and
there is a _lot_ of it)  appears to be doing it's job properly.

I attempted to add the sqXWindow.c file to sourceforge, but it won't let
me, despite that fact that I managed to add a file on monday. Sigh. So,
the two files are on my website for now at http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/Events.tar.gz

So, time to start rewriting all those loops that poll for mouse state....

tim