Compiler, was Re: Block closures

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 31 00:04:57 UTC 2000

Henrik wrote:

> In my view, the biggest problem is that optimization is applied as part of
> parsing, ie. you can't get a parse tree without having the transformations
> of ifTrue:ifFalse:, to:do:, etc. applied to it. There should be a "pure
> parsing" switch somewhere; it shouldn't be too hard to do, but I've been
> able to circumvent this problem so far.

Back when I was working on my source code formatter I cloned Parser and modified
the clone so that it would not do these optimizations.  I've been playing around
with these recently, so if you would like I can make this as well as my visitor
framework available with a better naming scheme than what I used the first time
around. ( the old one is still at the old address I mentioned long ago ).

Gotta run,

- les