[Q][Unix][Sockets] Looking for explainations of 3 semaphores and error states.

Rob Withers slosher2 at home.com
Thu Jul 20 00:05:27 UTC 2000

Hi All,

I am digging into the sqUnixNetwork.c code to try and implement Accepts
and so forth.  I am grabbing some stuff from the 2.7 impl and looking at
the new Mac impl.  My main design question is what is the benefit of the
three semaphore model?

I am also trying to implement a backlog queue for listening, and so I am
looking at modifying the privateSocketStruct.  Are there still
situations where we can miss connections?  How do those happen?

Finally, there are a whole slew of error states that these buggers can
be in.  Does anyone have a list of those?

Any information is very welcome,
Rob