Web Development with Squeak/Comanche

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Tue Jul 11 20:50:26 UTC 2000

Hello,

I sent the below message almost 20 hours ago to the PWS mailing list. I
have neither received my own post back nor any replies. I can't tell if
there is anything wrong with that list. :(

I am currently in the process of developing a website. I am looking at
the possibility of developing with Squeak, Comanche, etc. I have a few
questions.

Is this the appropriate list for Comanche questions? It seems that it is
based on the few messages I've seen since subscribing.
What other web development questions are on topic?

What is the current status of developing websites in Squeak/Comanche?

I've browsed the wikis and haven't come up with a good answer.

How mature is Comanche? How scalable is Comanche? What are it's scaling
options?

What are the current development options with Comanche?
Like web app servers, ssp, etc...

I am totally new to Squeak/Smalltalk. I am coming from a Python/Zope
background. I don't require that the current Squeak/Comanche solution be
as full featured or mature as Zope. However I would like a solid
foundation which performs reasonably and is scalable. The rest can be
built.

I find Squeak/Smalltalk interesting as it seems to offer a lot. It seems
to be a very productive platform/language. I like that. I also like that
it is well supported on the Mac as I own 4. However, I will be doing all
my development on my RH 6.2 Linux machine.

Thanks for any help that can be provided. My apologies if this is
covered elsewhere. I tried to find as much information as I could on the
web and was still wondering.

Jimmie Houchin