[ALPHA]{UNIX][2.8][2.9alpha?] Unix networking with 3 semaphore and accepts and backlog listen - Scamper works! ;)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jul 20 13:45:04 UTC 2000

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Rob Withers wrote:

John M McIntosh wrote:

> > Also remember a support issue is that you must
> > support old images with the
> > new VM and C socket code. Therefore you must mimic
> > the behavior of the 2.7 C
> > socket code. (Perhaps not the broken behavior)

> Here is my first stab at it.
> please let me know if it is ugly or broken or, god-forbid,
> working....especially those of you with non-Linux machines!

I tried it with my Comanche image (which is running fine with
2.7+Lex patches) but can't connect to the swiki. It spit's out an error to
the console
	acceptHandler: Invalid argument
and then Squeak just hangs.

Perhaps you should make sure Lex's accept stuff works, before adding the
new 3 semaphore stuff? (If this makes sense - I don't know anything about
the sockets at all)

-- Bert