[SF][VM] better directory structure

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Fri Jul 21 02:28:12 UTC 2000

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Stephan Rudlof wrote:
>
> > > - I had to delete the
> > > joystick/midi/soundcodec/profile and system external modules directories
> > > last night in order to get the event-vm to build, since there were no
> > > compilable files in them (make had some feeble complaint about no rule
> > > to make *.o or somesuch).
> >
> > Did you make
> >         cvs update -P -d
> > (to prune)
> This was a checkout onto a 'clean' machine, so there were no old copies
> to worry about; at least so far as my very limited knowledge of linux
> would lead me to beleive.

I have made again (to be *really* sure)
	cvs co Unix_2.8
; this generates *empty* (except a CVS subdir) directories! CVS is not
Linux ;-)

Checking out with settings

cvs -z6
update -P -d
checkout -P
export -P

in ~/.cvsrc works! (as also should updating later as said before...).

Greetings,

Stephan
--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)