CVS structure

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Fri Jul 7 14:42:38 UTC 2000

Marcel Weiher wrote:

> > From: Bert Freudenberg <bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
> > But we should now start to discuss the future structure. I imagine
> this:
> >
> > CVSROOT/
> > Squeak/
> >       Common/
> >               src/
> >                       (VM core headers).h
> >                       (VM core source).c
> >                       FilePlugin/
> >                       SocketPlugin/
> >                       SoundPlugin/
> >                       *Plugin/
> >       Unix/
> >               src/
> >                       System/
> >                       Profiler/
> >               conf/
> >               util/
> >       Win/
> >       Mac/
>
> Just to make things a little more complicated:  with MacOS-X, you
> run into a multiple-inheritance situation because it both is-a Unix
> and is-a Mac...
>
> Marcel
It's at least 4: the current VM (MacOS7 ? and up to MacOS9), the objective C version (MacOS-X and
MacOS-Server), carbon (MacOS-9, MacOS-X and MacOS-Server), and DarwinOS (the mach microkernel os in
the bottom of MacOS-X and MacOS-Server.It does not contain much. I thought of making a vm who wrote
directly to the frame buffer. But then I got caugth up in Squeak and I will newer go back to that enviroment:-))

Karl