Squeak Swiki out of order again

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 5 13:57:13 UTC 2000

At 10:46 AM +0200 7/5/00, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>There could be a read-only mirror (for example at the european gsug.org
>site): Each time a page is modified in the master swiki, a rendered
>version of it could be uploaded to a special directory, an email
>notification about the changed page would be sent to the mirror, it would
>fetch the page. While rendering, the "special links" like edit, upload,
>history etc. should point to the master swiki, while all others should be
>relative. So if the master goes down, reading would still be possible.

That's already in there, as it was in PWS.  The problem is that
rendering is more complicated in ComSwiki since page names can be
renamed and thus impact many other pages.  We could render at a
regular time each night, though...

Mark

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu