[ENH][GOODIE] OSProcess V1.2

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jul 16 17:31:14 UTC 2000

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> In message <20000716011858.A13433 at conch.msen.com> you wrote:
>
> > "thisSession" is a global declared in sqFilePrims.c. I suspect that the
> > recent plugin-ization of the VM has bitten me here. I'll check it out on
> > the latest from SourceForge. Thanks.
> IIRC (it's a long time ago for me...) we removed the global thisSession
> idea for the pluginization. Take a look in some ofthe plugin files and
> you'll probably find what we did- which I think was just localizing the
> idea into each plugin.

The problem is that there's a standard representation of a file that
includes the session ID. If a file is opened by a plugin (as in this case
by OsProcess), it could be used by another plugin.

This argues for making the session ID a real global, available to all
those plugins that need it to stamp SQFile sessionID members. Or make
a function that returns it (same thing).

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com