[swiki-bugs] Re: Squeak Swiki out of order again

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 10 10:59:10 UTC 2000

I know people complain a lot about the swiki being stable or not, but I
hardly *ever* see it down.  It certainly doesn't just go down for days
at a time, which was claimed earlier.

Note, though, that depending on the hardware and software, it's possible
to get "connection refused" even if the server is running.  In fact, we
had a swiki monitor running for a while at Tech, and we got tons of
"swiki X is down" messages that were immediately followed by a "swiki X
is up again" message.

Maybe people are tending to give up after the first try, and never try
hitting "reload" even once?

-Lex