Smalltalk for C programmers?!

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Tue Jul 11 07:42:59 UTC 2000

> From: "Raab, Andreas" <Andreas.Raab at disney.com>
>
> Just wondering: Has anyone out there seen C# (C-sharp) yet?! I
stumbled over
> it while looking for something completely different and it looked
very much
> like a Smalltalk for C/C++ programmers. Anyone seen more?! If so,
what's it
> like?!

I actually haven't been able to even get the technical documents
from MS (#!@$ browser checks/wars!).  However, I've heard that, for
example, methods are statically bound by default and must be
explicitly declared virtual, so the language itself looks rather
problematic.

However, what I find very interesting is the "universal runtime",
which apparently is even used to host a Smalltalk system (QKS) and
supposedly used cross-language.

Marcel