[ENH] String splitting

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Jul 1 09:26:34 UTC 2000

At 10:06 29.06.00 -0400, Bolot Kerimbaev wrote:
>Perhaps String>>findTokens: would work? It takes a collection of
>Characters (e.g., String) as a parameter:
>
>('aloha;bloha;cloha' findTokens: ';') do: [:str | ...]

It not only does what one might want.  For example

  ('aloha;;bloha;cloha' findTokens: ';')

should probably result in a 4-element array, the second element being
''.  Frank's method works that way to both methods are useful.  (It
contains a superfluous #copy, btw, and I'd suggest to rename it to
subStrings: which is the ANSI conform name)

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf