[ENH] Alternative EventSensor

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Sun Jul 30 08:38:19 UTC 2000

Tim Rowledge wrote:

>> [Re: Latest state]
> I almost agree but not quite. I think the proper answer lies in fixing
> the bad code as soon as possible. The problem ought not arise and we
> shouldn't spend all that much time trying to work around it. I would
> prefer that there were no need for any compatability with InputSensor at
> all.

I agree (if this is what you mean :) that stuff like Sensor mousePoint ought
to be deprecated when this new code allows for it. At least, it could be
changed to ... world currentHand position (yah, doesn't work in MVC, I
know).

> Raab, Andreas wrote:
>
>> The
>> other possible use is for debug code - e.g., something like "Sensor
>> leftShiftDown ifTrue:[self halt]" is very convenient.

I suggested some time before that all input events should go via the hand,
including leftShiftDown and such. This doesn't need to actually look at the
hardware. Is there a reason that I have missed for why the above wouldn't
work for this too? (Hmm, perhaps we could make a HandMorph surrogate for MVC
too?)

Henrik