getting the block source from BlockContext

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Sun Jul 23 07:36:42 UTC 2000

mcmoebius wrote:

> every once in a while i'll run into an error within a block. when i'm in the
> debugger, i want to look at the source of the block. is there any (easy) way
> to do this?
>
> danke,
> jason mcvay

Short answer: no.

Longer: Something about the compiler stuff not handling what's needed for
blocks. I once began looking at fixing that. It was a while ago, and I don't
quite remember what it was, but there were a few things missing that would
be needed. Perhaps because some of the stuff needed is now located in
MethodNode not BlockNode (ie. you can only print a BlockNode from a
MethodNode), but I'm just guessing. IIRC, it was doable though.

Henrik