Window Frames for system windows

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Fri Jul 21 15:34:10 UTC 2000

Hi Ned.

Chris Norton wrote:
"I haven't given this much thought, but it strikes me that submorphs should
never be allowed to write beyond the bounds of their owners.  Given that
assumption, it would seem to me that all owners should support an
"innerBounds" or a region that their submorphs can freely step on.  If all
morphs support the "innerBounds" convention, then any given morph can only
resize up to the size of it's owner's innerBounds."

Ned Konz wrote:
"Well, I believe that this would kill the existing halo stuff, as they are
drawn outside of the bounds of the SystemWindows."

[Chris Norton]  Well, that's true.  But I suppose that morphs that
specifically want to override the standard behavior would just not call
their owner's "innerBounds" method.  I'm guessing that Halos would be an
exception to the general rule.  But I'm no expert on morphs.  :-)

Thanks for your good point!

---==> Chris