Squeak list reveals email address to spammers

Ted K. Ted.Kaehler at disney.com
Fri Jul 28 14:42:35 UTC 2000

Folks,
	I have recently begun to get spam at my private email address at
Disney.  I got on the web and searched for my address, and found it in the
Squeak mail archives at UIUC.
	Could we mark the Squeak list archives so that search engines won't
index them?  (But, of course,  being able to search them from any big
search engine is useful.  It also brings in new people who find our
interesting discussions that way.)
	Could we strip put people's exact email address in the public
archive?  For us on the list, all emails would still have addresses.

--Ted.

Ted Kaehler,   Walt Disney Imagineering, R&D
(home) 3415 Cork Oak Way, Palo Alto, CA  94303.  voice (650) 424-1070
http://www.webPage.com/~kaehler2/
See exactly what your web browser reveals about your identity
http://www.junkbusters.com/cgi-bin/privacy