A New Look and Feel for Squeak

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun Jul 2 09:04:24 UTC 2000

At 00:55 02.07.00 -0400, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:

>Of course, there are other arguments that may lead one to prefer native
>widgets.  At the end of the day, I suppose, in the end, it depends why you
>are using the system.

While I actually prefer cross-platform over native widgets I also hate the
waste of development time to recreate working solutions, to reinvent the wheel.

You can spend enough development time to recreate what you could get by
simply embedding for example the internet explorer as a widget in Windows
applications.  Or on Linux, by using the qhtml widget or their rich text
editor or whatevever.

So restricting one to one platform also opens up a chest full of ready to
use code which is very productive.

Therefore, I'd like to be able to exploit both direction with Squeak.

--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf