[swiki] How to recover a password

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Tue Jul 4 14:14:13 UTC 2000

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Francisco Garau wrote:

> We have a running swiki in a government institution. Unfortunately, one
> user lock a page and forgot the password. How can this page be
> recovered?

In the swiki's pages folder, locate the page file. It's named
"pagenumber.xml". In the settings section, remove the lockPassword
entry and set lock to false. Or, since the password is stored as is, just
bring up a webbrowser and unlock the page using this password.

-- Bert