[SF][VM][UNIX] VM 2.8a Call for work...

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jul 13 13:49:04 UTC 2000

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Stephan Rudlof wrote:

> I don't really like the current situation, because it's not really easy
> to Squeak-generate sources of different distributions of external and
> internal modules and compiling them thereafter.
>
> One example is just this sqUnixNetwork.c. How to place it once? If we'd
> compile the SocketPlugin as internal, it had to be reside in .../src/,
> so there would be a second place...

I had an idea about this tonight. We just need to have the same module
directory in the "Common" directory and the "Platform" directories. All
the files found in either directory would be linked to create the
loadable module. This should be relatively easy to do in the Makefile. So
for the SocketPlugin, this would be

Squeak\
	Common\
		src\