[VM][UNIX] Gnuified interpreter speedup

Rob Withers slosher2 at home.com
Fri Jul 14 21:27:08 UTC 2000

Stephan Rudlof wrote:

> I'm working at Linux, too...

I am also working on Linux, but I haven't been able to compile a VM for
2.8 yet.  I am guessing that I need to files on the SF site, but I am
having a few problems.  I have never used CVS before and it looks like I
need to download each file separately from the SF website.  Is there a
Linux tool that I can use to download the whole shebang?  It looks like
another solution is to create a release and publish a zip/tgz.   How do
folks do this?

I have an updated image/changes (2399) so I should be able to generate
the interp.c and the plugin files, once I get the rest.  I'll just need
to follow tim's instructions per forcing an external plugin and then
copying the files to the right subdirectories.

thanks very much,
Rob