CVS structure

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Mon Jul 10 06:59:20 UTC 2000

Hi guys!

Regarding CVS structure, have you read up on the modules file?

I have been implementing the CVS c/s protocol and more importantly is in charge of our VisualAge
for Java+VAJ2CVS+CVS repository. He, that have given me opportunity to acquaint myself with this
file... :-)

There are a lot of interesting possibilities, for example, you can define that module A containing
directory X should actually be checked out as Y instead. And this is per module so module A also
containing directory X could check it out as Z.

And you can of course define modules that are various subsets of the repository - something that
we use for separating client and server. And modules do not have to be recursive.

So... I am not sure how this would apply to your problem - have not followed the discussion - but
it might be helpful!

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
icq#:6136722, GSM: +46 709 472152, http://www.bluefish.se
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win." -- Gandhi