Comments on BTF epilogue

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Jul 30 00:37:12 UTC 2000

In message <v03007805b5a8b13d8017@[206.16.12.52]> you wrote:

> Folks -
>
> I have written a chapter for The Squeak Book the purpose of which is to bring the topics of the original Back to the Future paper up to date.

a) you mention in 'Performance and Optimization' that the speed has
improved, but not what machine you measured it on, nor whether the two
figures are on the same machine. I feel pretty sure they are, but it
ought to be said, particularly in light of the later comment that
machines are much faster !

b) can you add comments about _why_ you now prefer the forwarding become
to a symmetric one?

c) it's not particularly relevant to your chapter, but we should try to
get some of the Interval RTOS work on interruptable bitblt etc
incorporated into the system.

d) I don't think you explained the external prim lookup right. It's
named-module first, followed by name-in-builtin-list, then fail. I
think. Andreas?

tim

Fractured Idiom:- CA VA SANS DIRT - And that's not gossip