(Not just) Stupid thoughts (of mine) in [was: Re: [VM][UNIX] Gnuified interpreter speedup]

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Thu Jul 20 02:37:11 UTC 2000

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> I _really_ don't think the proper place for platform files is in the
> image. You can make a reasonable argument for some sort of canonical
> null-platform set to be there, but actual platform files belong outside.
> Now that we are slowly getting the sourceforge operating, that is
> probably the proper place. They're just too big to have multiple copies
> sitting in the changelog.

But then I would like to have someone who reworks the SF
makefile/configure stuff, to have a comparable comfort for generating
modules as with my
	[ENH][VM][2.8][2.9alpha?] VMModuleTranslation
implementation is Squeak.

It was quiet a lot work together with the corresponding changes in SF,
but it had been more - and especially more annoying - work to make this
with makefile/configure stuff. But possibly I'm just to ST oriented...

Greetings,

Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)