BinHex decoding - Re: attachment problem - from: When in doubt,try it out...

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 9 16:58:33 UTC 2000

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Les Tyrrell wrote:
>
> > Bob-
> >
> > Thanks for providing this- If you don't mind, I'll integrate this into my email system.
>
> Fix the wrapping problem first :)
>
> > The class comment needs to be updated- I put in "Written by Bob Arning"
> >
> > I'm working primarily in VisualWorks, so I needed to make a few changes to silence a
> > few complaints.  I haven't tested it yet ( where's a BinHex attachment when you need it? )
>
> Er..well, there *was* that NoColonSyntax thing.... ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan Parsia.

Now, now- this is a useful utility, and it saves me a fair bit of work having
to build one ( as I mentioned, I have a use for this already ).  But VisualWorks
and Squeak do have differences, and I'm building my system in VisualWorks. Thus,
using underscores rather than := isn't an option for me.  Note that the fileout
came from VisualWorks, not Squeak.  What I want to know is if it works- I'll
find out eventually, but this is the Internet after all.  If Bob doesn't want
this version floating around in Squeakville that's fine by me- I just want
to be able to use it in VisualWorksVille.

( Actually, the _ vs. := wasn't the big issue- I've changed the code to
silence VW's pre-acceptance checks ( assignment to a block variable and
temps that weren't being used, which I've now moved to being instance
variables Just In Case you would want them around after decoding )

Take care!

- kes