A new default look for Squeak, revisited

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jun 30 08:43:54 UTC 2000

The beauty should win

Continue Henrik! This is great!
I do not know if all the issues are addressed and how they should be
but it would be REALLY GREAT if we could have a button saying

JUMP IN BEAUTY or other looks so that people that want can get rid of this
HORRIBLE and UGLY (I really like bloody adjective this morning)
look.

I want to be beta tester of this look. Do you have a change set
somewhere with a button for dummies asking
"do you want to kump in beauty?" so that we do not have to have some magic
invocation to type.

> But back to the issue at hand. If people would like this included in the
> distribution, I'll package it up as a change set. (It's quite simple in
> fact, to 95% some changed color parameters in various places.) The font is
> the only thing that can't be expected to work generally (yet), and (as
> usual) it is intended for LCD screens anyway. I can browse the X11 fonts et
> al and see what I find.

So with the beautiful web browser we saw yesterday, the beauty is really coming
in Squeak. Really positive feeling.

Stef
the one asking boring questions and raising stupid topics.
Yes I know I'm dumb bvut I live quite well with that facts!