SyntaxMorph (was Re: About the new syntax)

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Jun 9 11:29:40 UTC 2000

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 JArchibald at aol.com wrote:

> => 6/9/00 6:42:21 AM, karl.ramberg at chello.se =>
> << A screenshot (which I couldn't seem to upload to the swiki) at:
>     http://www.unc.edu/~bparsia/squeak/syntaxmorph.gif >>
>
> Far out! It is charming.

Actually, it's chArning (crazy hacking [from Bob] Arning) :)

It's not the only bit of charming chArning around!

> I didn't have any trouble loading it by itself in AOL's Internet Explorer. Do
> you want it added to Squeak.683. I'm going to be doing some repairs there
> myself today, and would be glad to add it for you.

Cool, go for it.

> Also, where is the code that does this? Have you previously mentioned it on
> the Squeak mailing list? I want to play with it.

It's not mine, but IIRC I did (in the most modest senes of the
term) prompt it. Bob Arning did *all* the work. Bob Arning does
*everything*.

As for a download, I guess you missed the bit where I wrote:

> A download:
>         http://www.charm.net/~arning/SyntaxMorph.24Aug623pm.cs

;)

Plus, a search (for SyntaxMorph) on the Swiki will get you to the
BobArning page (not the BobArning *shrine* which I am painting with fresh
gold leaf as we speak):

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/621

> <~~~ You guys are going to get me doing Morphs yet! ~~~>

If anyone can do it, Bob can. Check out BobsUI. Or any other Bobitude.

If you say something that sparks Bob's interest, I've observed that the
next day will result in an implementation of your desire beyond your
wildest dreams....

*All* my posts are experiments in sparking Bob's interest :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.