[QUESTION]Morph allSubInstances size =>19196 !!

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Wed Jun 28 21:47:35 UTC 2000

At 22:19 27.06.00 +0200, Karl Ramberg wrote:
>On my daily use image I evaluated
>
>Morph allSubInstances size
>
>and got 25000 about after a _long_ time.
>Then I did the same test in a clean 2.9a image and got 3600 about.
>Then I backed up my daily use image and deleted all projects
>and got the result 19196.
>My questions are:
>
>1 why are there so may instances of Morph still around when there are no
>projects etc.

I'd guess that you keep a lot of stuff around in morphic's trashcan.  Every
time you click on the (X) halo, that morph is stored in the
trashcan.  Quite annoying if you ask me as it also happens if you don't
work with flaps and so don't be aware of that trashcan at
all.  Fortunately, you can switch off this behavior in the
preferences.  There's also an utilty method (one of these one-billion
methods in that class) for emptying the trashcan.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf