True multithreading, a la the Java VM???

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jun 6 22:14:29 UTC 2000

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 11:45:04AM -0400, Bijan Parsia wrote:

> However, a "native threads access" package *would* be nice...maybe
> something like, oh, I don't know, the OSProcesses package ;)

FYI, the OSProcess package gives access to heavyweight processes,
and currently supports only Unix type systems. For example, you can
"fork" a clone of a Squeak process in a separate operating system
process, with completely separate address space.

OSProcess does not give access to a threads package. I could probably
add this, but to be honest I don't know that it would be very useful;
I think this is mostly an academic debate.

Dave