[BUG] could not proceed from notifier on low space

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jun 12 16:06:36 UTC 2000

on 6/12/00 3:28 AM, Stefan Matthias Aust at sma at 3plus4.de wrote:

> At 16:47 06.06.00 -0700, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>> In message <4d88a0ca49.rowledge at goldskin.stcla1.sfba.home.com> you wrote:
>>
>>> Whilst attempting to generate the latest interp.c, ran out of space. Hit
>>> 'proceed' button on notifier. Got this; shouldn't have!
>> Same kind of problem proceeding from any notifier. Whoops.
>
> Something is strange, yes.  When I press Alt+. to go into the debugger and
> then Abandon the notifier window, my MVC windows behave strange - as if
> there where two processes trying to react to mouse events and both want to
> display windows and menus.  This only stops if I evaluate "self halt" and
> close that notifier.
>
> Really annoying.
> --
> Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf

Ah, I think what you are seeing is a problem with patch
2023SchedulingBugFix-fm

Reverting the scheduleactiveNoTerminate: method seems to make a
big improvement, mind you I reverted all the methods this patch touched.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6