Supporting Function Keys and Other Keycodes

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Thu Jun 1 15:24:04 UTC 2000

I'd like to use the usual function keys (F1-F12) in Squeak but I don't know
whether the Mac has them or not, that is, I don't know what keycode these
keys should emit.

Can we have keycodes > 255?

Actually, I'd like to have Ins, Del, Pos1, End, PgUp, PgDn generating
keycodes > 255 because now, you cannot distinguish crtl+whatever from
crtl+special key.  That's bad.  So what's about using X keycodes (or
whatever SDL uses) for example?  I think, they've a number for everything
on a PC or Unix keyboard.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust \\ Truth Until Paradox