[Test] Smalltalk majorShrink

Hannes Hirzel Hannes_Hirzel at compuserve.com
Sat Jun 24 21:23:56 UTC 2000

Hi

I just did a test in producing a small image:

Smalltalk majorShrink

works fine for me after the changes Stefan Matthias Aust did.

Depending on what you want to accomplish with the resulting
image some tweaks of the method

SystemDictionary majorShrink

may be necessary. It can even occur that you have to fileOut some classes
or methods and to file in them again in the resulting image.

I got an image of about 2 MB size. Together with the Windows VM
it is just about 1 MB in zipped format.

This is handy as I can pass on an MVC application on just *one* flloppy.
This eases distribution and installation for small utilities, demos and
application considerably.

Very nice!

Hannes