Suggestion for distributing Large Integers (Was: DSA changes openfor comment)

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Thu Jun 1 03:39:27 UTC 2000

Andrew,

As Tim has said before, there is no problem whatsoever with having both the
builtin and the external version of the LargeInt plugin. Here's how it
works: The VM looks first if there's an external version of a plugin (e.g.,
a shared library) and if so, always uses that. Only if no external version
is found it looks internally for the plugin.

Meaning that the entire argument about having the plugin external or not is
entirely meaningless. You can at any time just drop an updated shared
library version in the VM folder and from then on your VM will use the
external one.

  - Andreas