Large integers problem...

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Tue Jun 6 08:12:16 UTC 2000

Folks,

I just run into an interesting problem. When I attempted to compute

	-585148196 / -1442692966

(not by typing in these numbers of course ;-) I got an error saying "highBit
is not defined for negative numbers". It seems something is broken in the
logic for large negative integers here. The interesting thing is that the
LargeIntegersPlugin actually computes the correct result (I was originally
working in a somewhat outdated image and switched to the latest one for
seeing if the problem has been solved). However, when commenting out the
primitive in #digitDiv:neg: the same error occurs.

Can somebody shed a bit light on this?! I hate it when Integer's don't work
;-)

  - Andreas