[BUG] Updating to 2.9a invalidates flap menus (Win NT)
chrisn at Kronos.com
Wed Jun 14 22:22:00 UTC 2000
Hi Bob & friends.
Your suggestion (Utilities replaceMenuFlap) appears to work for the active
project, but doesn't seem to cleanup the other projects that I have open.
Actually, this scenario really gets wacky...
My new scenario:
* Open two projects in 2.8, with global flaps enabled.
* Verify that the open Browser menu on the top flap works.
* Execute Dan's postscript note that enables 2.9a updating.
* While inside one of the Morphic projects with flaps, update from server.
* Verify the bug by trying to open a Browser (Ka-boom!)
* Grab a workspace from the right most tab
* Run Utilities replaceMenuFlap.
* Open a Browser from the upper flap's Open menu (works)
* Go to previous project, choose the other Morphic project.
* Open a Browser from the upper flap's Open menu (nothing seems to happen)
* Try opening other stuff (I tried inner worlds, change sets, etc.)
* Go back to the other Morphic project.
Whoa!!! There are the windows I was trying to open? How'd they get in this
project??? No wonder Squeak seemed to be slowing down... ;-)
PS> Test piloting _is_ fun! :-)
More information about the Squeak-dev