New Web Browser

Jon Hylands Jon at huv.com
Fri Jun 30 00:30:04 UTC 2000

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:30:28 -0500, Jon Hylands <Jon at huv.com> wrote:

> I'll probably just write a new kind of text morph, that handles
> embedded morphs within it. Of course I haven't actually looked at the
> Morphic stuff in enough detail to know how hard this is going to be,
> but one way or the other its going to have to get done.

Okay, I'm in there looking at TextMorph right now. In version 2.7, the
class comment says:

"They also support reasonable text-editing capabilities, as well as
imbedded hot links, and the (soon to be released) ability to embed
submorphs in the text."

Is there a newer version of Squeak (2.8, 2.9?) that has this (embedded
sub-morphs) in it? This is one of the fundamental parts of the web browser,
and if someone else has already done this, then there's not much point in
replicating all that work...

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com