attachment problem - from: When in doubt, try it out...

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 9 15:50:38 UTC 2000

Mats Nygren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as you would have guessed I want to take look at Dan I's work. The
> attachment has a .gz so gunzip comes to mind. The text pane of the
> file lister looks as follows:

>    Part 1.2Type: Macintosh BinHex Archive (application/mac-binhex40)
>
> uncompress says (something equivalent to) this is not a gzipped file.
>
> I guess this is a problem with different Squeak-ports. I'm running on
> Linux. I received the attachment with Celeste. (what else is there?)
> It seems most people are using Mac's and whateverItIsCalledYouKnowTheOne.
> So what do I do?
>
> Perhaps someone can make this available in another form somewhere. I
> dont usually have problems with attachments gzipped or not.
>
> /Mats

It seems that it is time for a BinHex reader to be built for Smalltalkers-
I've got a bunch going on, so if someone could pick this up it would
be appreciated.  Not sure if this will prove to be a definitive or
even useful link, but this is one that I've set aside for future
reference as I build various parts of my e-mail system:

http://www.natural-innovations.com/boo/binhex.html

- les