Suggestion for distributing Large Integers (Was: DSA changes open for com...

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Thu Jun 1 04:41:05 UTC 2000

At 11:30 PM -0400 5/31/2000, JArchibald at aol.com wrote:
>=> 5/31/00 9:40:43 PM EDT, werdna at gate.net =>
><< What is more, I'd vote AGAINST having  the plugin internally. >>
>
>I'm not sure I understand, do you think it should be taken out of the Windows
>VM?

Not at all, I think it should be distributed WITH the Windows VM as a
DLL.  The purpose of plugins is precisely that -- primitives that can
be re-inserted and substituted for without recompiling the entire VM.
The LargeIntegers plugin is particularly subject to change, and
improvements -- this being its first release.

By keeping it as a DLL, you will be able to substitute new versions
simply by plugging in a new DLL, without rebuilding the VM.
Andrew C. Greenberg		acg at netwolves.com
V.P. Eng., R&D, 		813.885.2779 (office)
Netwolves Corporation		813.885.2380 (facsimile)
www.netwolves.com