Trouble downloading message in Netscape (Was Re: Windows CE and minimal image)

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Jun 2 17:49:04 UTC 2000

Paul Fernhout wrote:

> Josh Flowers wrote:
> >
> > Well, that was odd.  How about this?
>
> Actually, the previous email before this one I am replying to (with lots
> of single character lines) somehow prevented me from downloading any
> more email into Netscape Communicator 4.6.
[snip]

> I resolved this by opening up Squeak and modifying the Celeste code to
> only fetch and delete one message at a time.  Then I downloaded that
> message into Celeste. That was a bit scary for a moment when it reported
> 20 messages downloaded -- I missed patching the UI confirmation.
>
> After that, I could download the rest of my mail into Netscape.

It bit me too on Netscape 4.73. But actually, there is no need to be
scared about downloading all the messages to Celeste. I downloaded all I
had backed up on the server to Celeste (about 37 messages), deleted the
problem message, did a "move all" to an new, empty "SqList" category,
then used "export category (Unix/Eudora)" and copied the resulting file
to my Netscape mail folder. In Netscape I simply moved all the messages
in SqList over to my Inbox.

-- Dwight (who is now looking a lot more seriously at moving his
personal email to Celeste)