Feature request :-)

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Fri Jun 2 05:01:52 UTC 2000

>Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
>> >I've never ever typed as much as I do now in Squeak and I type
>> >quite slow so I would love to have the tabFinishTheWordThing from
>> >unix in Squeak. (only thing I miss from unix)
>> >In which class should one look to implement such a thing ?
>>
>> Try Alt+q (or Cmd+q) and see whether that is the feature you're looking for...

>Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de) replied...
>That's a great hint!
>
>Wasn't aware of this feature before... ;-))

Also note that if the desired result is a multi-keyword selector such as

	replaceFrom:  to:  with:  startingAt:

Cmd-q will leave appropriate spaces as above, and put the type-in
insertion point where the first argument goes.

But wait!  There's more...

When you are done typing the first argument, hit Cmd-shift-A;  this will advance the
insertion point past the next keyword, to the space where the next argument should be typed!

	- Dan

(Imagine what else may be lurking in the cmd-key help summary ;-)