Squeak, NT, CGI and Microsofts web server?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Fri Jun 16 17:23:50 UTC 2000

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Peter William Lount wrote:

[lots of good stuff about FastCgiSqueak]

I just have a specific question about multi-processor machines:

> The only limiter now would be the CPU usage of each copy of Squeak. So
> a balance of image size, cpu usage, disk activity for particular
> server RAM and CPU speed configurations needs to be found. Maybe the
> cpu usage would only support 10 copies of squeak running (on a dual
> 300Mhz server for example) before response times got too slow

I recently moved my swikis (one PWS image, one Comanche image) from a
single PII/400 Linux (SuSE6.0) box to a double PIII/600 (RedHat 6.2). On
the old one, cpu usage (according to "top") was below 1% when idle (no
connections). Now, the usage is around 35% for each! Any idea?

-- Bert