Linux VM 2.8 howto?

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Fri Jun 23 20:08:48 UTC 2000

Tim,

my problems remain:

I don't get compiled the VM from
	Squeak 2.8#2345
.

Interpreter translate: 'interp.c' doInlining: true. Smalltalk beep
and then
	mv interp.c ../2.8a/
	-> compiling failed.
and
	mv *.h *.c ../2.8a/src/
	-> compiling failed
and
	InterpreterSupportCode writeSupportFiles
	mv sqNamedPrims.c ../2.8a/src/
and
	cp LargeIntegers.c LargeIntegersPlugin.c "removes missing references to
the LargeIntegers plugin!"

-> compiling failed because of:

SocketPlugin.o: In function
`SocketPlugin_primitiveSocketAccept3Semaphores':
/home/sr/Squeak/2.8a/i686-pc-linux-gnu/../src/SocketPlugin.c:317:
undefined reference to
`sqSocketAcceptFromRecvBytesSendBytesSemaIDReadSemaIDWriteSemaID'

-> not to find! missing in sqUnixNetwork.c!

BTW:
*and*
	InterpreterSupportCode writePluginSupportFiles
mv *.h *.c ../2.8a/src/

- what should also work! - fails with

gcc -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -I. -I../src  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DUNIX -c ../src/sqUnixAsyncFilePrims.c
../src/sqUnixAsyncFilePrims.c:43: parse error before `*'
../src/sqUnixAsyncFilePrims.c:46: parse error before `*'
../src/sqUnixAsyncFilePrims.c:53: parse error before `*'
../src/sqUnixAsyncFilePrims.c:56: parse error before `*'
../src/sqUnixAsyncFilePrims.c:59: parse error before `*'
../src/sqUnixAsyncFilePrims.c:62: parse error before `*'

I know this error from Ians port... Possibly a conflict of the ST
generated and platform specific stuff.

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> In message <39533DE9.41C67EA6 at heeg.de> you wrote:
>
> > The result is a long list of undefined references, starting out with
> > "LargeIntegers_primDigitBitOr" which is referenced from sqNamedPrims.c.
> > Who knows what's going on here?

see above!

Greetings,

Stephan