[ENH] Hopefully Better Morphic UI RE: We will not catch flies wit h vinager!!!

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Wed Jun 21 10:02:48 UTC 2000

>Whether or not the failure to see what Squeak can be "made to be" in
>terms of appearance is a failure of imagination, the real bottom line
>is this:  If you don't like how it looks, fix it!

I dont like how it looks - so I've fixed it. This changeset add's
a gradient fill to the title bar of morphic windows instead of the
boring stripes.
If the window is inactive it uses the windows colors - if it is active
it uses hard coded colors. (Maybe we can make a preference for these colors)
If a window is activated the title bar will also have a 3D look, the
windows label font is also changed.
The changeset also incorporates the SystemWindow.cs changeset I've found
in my squeak archive (dont know the author, it was from February 2000)
to change the close and collapse box style.

See the attached gif to see how it looks, file in the change set to get a
feeling for it.

I hope other people will like this look too and the changeset will find
his way to the standard image as a first step toward a better Squeak UI.

Bye
Torsten
 <<Look.1.cs>>  <<NewLook.gif>>