Ship it with Squeak (Fonts)

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Wed Jun 28 22:23:58 UTC 2000

At 09:46 27.06.00 +0200, Henrik Gedenryd wrote:
> > I don't even know which are the Apple fonts and which aren't.
>
>It is (only) New York, which is unfortunately the standard one. The other
>one, Comic Sans, is MS.
>
> > Also, I think using MS fonts is asking for trouble no matter what the
> > license.
>
>I guess I agree. But note that there already is one in there. Although
>there's a free license in their one hand, you never know what's in the other
>hand behind their back.

Squeak's readme mentions
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/eula.htm as URL for the
Microsoft license.  As I understand it, Squeak is violating that
license.  The license is quite open but it doesn't allow to derive another
representation of the font but only to include its printed representation
in a document and I think, a Squeak image doesn't qualify as a document...

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf